Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hazards of Sharing a bed with a heavy wetter

Since Carson was about 9 months old we have had his crib side-carred to our bed. We love it and it works really well. It's much more peaceful than traveling from room to room in the middle of the night. Plus we love having Carson so near and despite some people's beliefs, it doesn't effect our marriage one bit.

Well last night Carson woke up wanting to nurse so I rolled over and the bed was completely wet. Not just a little wet, A LOT wet. It was like I had rolled into a puddle! I felt Carson and he was soaking. Sometimes he leaks, but not this much. So I took him down the hall into the nursery to change him and clean him up and I unzip his jammies and I don't see anything. At first I thought, was I really tired enough to forget to put a diaper on? Once I got his other leg out of his jammies his diaper was revealed. He somehow got half his diaper off and wrapped around his left knee. Absolutely nothing went into the diaper, it was bone dry. Since it was the middle of the night and I was exhausted I just grabbed a towel and put it over the wet spot. I was still damp from earlier though so it wasn't the best sleep ever. You can tell we're used to this sort of thing because Josh just moaned and went back to sleep even though Carson and I were still covered in you know what! I think the realization finally hit us when we fully woke up for the day.

This is the only issue I've found with co-sleeping. Luckily we haven't had a surprise of the other sort!

No comments:

Post a Comment