Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ahhh...organization


 

It feels so good when everything has a place.  Josh and I both believe that a chaotic environment = chaotic behavior in children (and maybe even adults).  Our space was getting a little chaotic.  Especially after Carson received a plethora of toys from his birthday and Christmas which was added to our already jam packed collection.  I've had my eye on this cubby organizer for awhile and since we were blessed with a little Christmas money, I felt it was time to splurge.  Josh probably could have built it for much less but I felt it was well worth the money.  You really can't put a price on sanity. 

The unexpected joy from this has been more personal one-on-one time with Carson.  Since his toys are organized by category, I pick a tote and we play with that item.  Then it gets put away before another item comes out. Which has also been teaching Carson how to pick up after himself.  It's glorious!  We still have a few scattered toys around the house and that's okay.  I'm not expecting perfection here!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I know the unfinished space has felt a little chaotic for you. I'm excited for you - hope this system proves to continue to motivate Carson to participate in cleaning up. It's super cute too!

    ReplyDelete