Monday, April 11, 2011

April Update

Did I mention I'm pregnant with a girl?  Pretty shocking.  It's taking a little getting used to. Not sure what to do with the 9 large storage bins of Carson's clothes that I saved.  Even hauling it to Goodwill seems like a lot of work!  I'm still saving some of my favorite outfits of his...just in case.  I won't really fully believe this baby is a girl until I give birth to this child and check for myself.  The ultrasound was pretty undeniable.  Even with my lack of training I could easily identify this baby as a girl.   Of course I had the tech prove it to me!  I was convinced there was something hiding somewhere.  However, I heard Josh chanting "I told you so" next to me.  He's been sure from the beginning this baby is a girl.  I guess Daddy's have instincts too.

Carson seems excited too.  He loves picking out girl shoes (should I be concerned?).  I passed down my shoe fetish to my son :).  He's starting to understand the concept that there is a baby in my belly, although he can't understand why his sister can't just come out.  The waiting is a little hard for him to grasp.

I had an epiphany this last month...Carson is growing up and I need to treat him as such.  He was such an easy baby.  I never had to reprimand him until the 18 month mark or so and even then rarely.  We hit the twos and I guess I was still in baby mode.  I realized (with Josh's help) he is lacking respect.  So I'm taking my role as teacher more seriously.  It's time to crack down and be the mom of a toddler.  Results so far have been great.  He actually listened to me today!  Woohoo land of victory!  It feels good now but getting into the correct frame of mind required some letting go and mourning the loss of his babyhood. I had to stop looking at him as the sweet 14 month old that never tested me and as the 21/2 year old that he is.  Sort of a reality shock.  However, feels good to live in reality. 

We also established family movie & pizza night.  One night a week we either make pizza, heat up some frozen, or order in and enjoy a movie as a family together.  I hope as Carson grows this night becomes special to him because it is the one and only night he gets to stay up past his bedtime.  Josh and I have been surprised by how much we look forward to this night!  It gets to Thursday and we're giddy the whole day.  It's been fun and fulfilling starting a family tradition. I highly suggest creating one! 

Sincerely,

1 comment: