Thursday, November 25, 2010

What am I thankful for?

Obviously thankfulness has been on the forefront on my mind today.  I am thankful for SO much it would be impossible to write it all down here.  Here's my short list.  I am thankful for kisses from my now 2 year old, a 2 year old I can call my very own who makes me laugh everyday, a husband who works so very hard and treats me like a queen, for family, and for friends that have stuck by us and supported us through this very busy crazy time in our life.

I have to admit despite this wonderful day, I woke up this morning thinking about the belly bump I don't have right now.  It hit me that I would be half way through with my pregnancy.  Sometimes I wish April would get here so I don't have to think about where I would be in the pregnancy any longer...but then I'd miss out on all this wonderful snow to play in with Carson!  Wouldn't want to do that.  Really what brings me back is the fact that I was about 4 weeks pregnant with our first baby at Thanksgiving 3 years ago.  This is a time that reminds me of my babies in Heaven.  Despite what it may sound like, it is actually a heart warming feeling and I cherish it.  It's like for a moment they are still tangible.

We had a pretty crazy day.  We gave our employee the day off so not only did we work a very long day, dawn till dusk, we hosted Thanksgiving Dinner.  I'm thankful for the energy I had to pull this day off.  It was wonderful and lovely and even though I haven't eaten since this afternoon, my stomach is still killing me from the amount of food I stuffed in it!   Ahhh it was amazing. 

Can't wait for leftover turkey sandwiches tomorrow!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment