Saturday, July 24, 2010

In Honor of my Wonderful Hubby on our 6th Aniversary

Thank you for six years of marriage and almost nine years of loving me dearly.  Over the past six years, we have shared our ups and downs but what amazes me is that we have come out stronger on the other side.  I appreciate our commitment and understanding that love is not only a choice but something that needs to continually be tended to. We have both gone through our share of pruning over the time of our marriage but that has enabled us to bear strong, healthy fruit. I feel that strength each time we laugh together, each time we embrace one another, and each time we just talk.

Anytime I get frustrated or we seem to be bickering a lot,  I think back to our past.  How we got started as a couple and I fall in love with you all over again.  I think back to the first time you kissed me and how shocked I was.  Not so much by the fact that you kissed me, although that was a little shocking, but how strong the butterflies were. I had them for days.  It was an amazingly tender kiss. After that first kiss, I knew one day I would marry you.  You stole my heart right there on my front porch.  It turned a friendship into a life-long love. For years I asked you to kiss me like you first kissed me.  I'm sure you remember that. 

Then, there was your car.  I can't see a white 1997 Toyota Avalon without thinking of us being teenagers together.  Cruising around listening to music, stealing kisses, and burning time because we didn't want to go home and be apart. I swear we lived in that car.   I remember having tears in my eyes after it died and we sold it for scraps.  I just sat in the passenger seat and looked around the place where so many memories happened.  Thankfully we never made any serious mistakes in that car, it came close, but the Lord kept us from being tempted beyond what we could handle. I'm glad we got to be young together, to have no worries or cares in the world.  Much different than now. 

Then after three and a half years of dating, we were finally married.  It was a rocky start.  We had some communication skills to learn, but those trials put the building blocks in place for a stronger and healthier marriage.  Then we experienced the loss of our first baby together.   It was the first time I had ever seen you cry.  I'm so grateful that you have honored and loved our "peanut" as much as I have.  I still miss our first little one and I know you do as well.  However, had we not lost that little baby, we would not have Carson.   We now have a bundle of energy and joy.  Carson has never been a text book baby or anything like our friend's children.  He has been entirely a person of his own character.  Even though he can drain us sometimes (like not going to bed until 10 or 11).  He also has a soft and tender heart that makes us both melt.  I appreciate how involved you are in his life and how supportive you have been of my "style" of parenting.  It has been different from our peers and our first ideas but now we are seeing that it was right for Carson.  Plus he is soooo darn cute!  We made one adorable, handsome, and amazingly kissable child. 

I love that I get to continue on this journey with you.  I'm praying that we get to be old and gray together.  That we continue to love each other more as each year goes by and we continually learn how to better fulfill each other as spouses.

I love you honey more than words can say.  You have stolen my whole heart and I'm grateful that you tend to it so sweetly.  Thanks for being wonderfully you.

Love,

Your Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment