Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Carrie, Haven't you learned?

This is what I was saying to myself after drinking a latte with regular milk this morning as I sauntered off to the bathroom...again.  How did I never notice this before?  I thought only Carson was lactose intolerant and through his diet, I learned I'm the one that started it.   I used to think I had something serious like IBS or Celiacs Disease.   Yet the entire time it was one simple culprit, dairy.  I've been taking thyroid medication and found out that apparently soy can interact with it's effects.  So I can no longer drink soy lattes and there is only one coffee shop that has rice milk and you have to go in to get it.  That's not easy to do when you're running late.  Josh and I were heading to our last day of class this morning, I was exhausted as usual, so I said what the heck milk once in awhile is fine, right?  I just got what I used to get, a 12oz vanilla latte.  Never again.  I think I finally got the message today.  It's not worth the pain.  I made up my mind during the process that if I want to continue to enjoy lattes, I will need to invest in an espresso machine and make them at home.  Which would save us financially and me physically. 

No comments:

Post a Comment